Peace is director for research data services and a health sciences liaison at The University of Texas at Arlington. She has experience with technical and public services and research and scholarly communication support including data management planning, finding open educational resources, choosing where to publish, and answering copyright questions. Peace is passionate about health information literacy, public health, and epidemiology.
Expand <+> below for recent activity.
- 2016-2017 Chair-Elect, HealthLINE
- 2016-2017 Councilor, TLA District 5
- 2016 EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant
- 2016 MLA Hospital Library Section Award
- 2015 Emerging Technology Award, NN/LM, South Central Region
- 2015 Emerging Leaders, American Library Association
- 2015 Amigos Fellowship & Opportunity Award
- 2015 William D. Postell, Sr. Award, South Central Chapter MLA
- 2016 workbook - Memorandum of Understanding Workbook, Version 1.0.Available at http://bit.ly/utamou
- 2015 article - Improving interaction in online liaison services through Skype. Int'l Journal of Digital Library Systems.
- 2015 article - A review of OvidSP as an e-books delivery platform. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries.
- 2015 book chapter - Does Google Scholar help or hurt institutional repositories? The Complete Guide to Using Google in Libraries: Instruction, Administration, and Staff Productivity.
- 5/2016 - Creating and utilizing memorandums of understanding (MOUs), ACRL DCIG webinar
- 5/2016 - Advancing medical innovation: Biofabrication and medical device prototyping in libraries, Mosaic - international health librarians conference special content session
- 4/2016 - Memorandum of understanding workshop: Creating a process for successful collaboration, Digital Initiatives Symposium preconference workshop
- Conference workshop: How Memorandums of Understanding create a process for successful... - Digital Frontiers 2016
Annual conference by UNT Libraries,September 2016
- Preconference workshop: Interacting with Community Health Data: Building Analysis Tools in Tableau Public - SCC/MLA 2016
Annual conference by South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association, October 2016
- Systematic Review/Meta-Analysis article: Effectiveness of Interventions for Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder in...
(in-press) Journal of Motor Learning and Development.
- Conference workshop: Introduction to Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) - DLF Forum 2016
Annual conference by Digital Library Federation, November 2016
- Strong project management skills
- Effective leadership abilities
- Passionate and motivated in action
- Flexible and consistently learning
Expand <+> below for technical knowledge.
- Citation Management Software (e.g., RefWorks and EndNote)
- Health Sciences Databases (e.g., PubMed and CINAHL)
- LibGuides and Other Springshare Products
- Various Integrated Library Systems (e.g., Voyager, including the circulation, cataloging, and administration modules, and Polaris)
- EZ Proxy Systems & Discovery Tools
- Markup Languages: HTML & some CSS
- Web Design Programs (e.g., WordPress, Weebly, and Wix)
- Programming Languages: R, Git. Learning Linux & Python.
- Companion Programs & Sites (e.g., Brackets, Dreamweaver, GitHub)
- Digital Learning Objects (e.g., Jing, PowerPoint media, Camtasia)
- Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- CAD software (TinkerCAD)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Excel, Publisher, and Outlook)
- Basic Use of Statistical Packages (SPSS, R)
- Data Visualization (e.g., Infogr.am, Plotly, Tableau)
- GIS (ArcGIS, SimplyMap)
Director for Research Data Services2016 - PRESENTThe University of Texas at Arlington
Developing library services and partnerships across campus around data management and data visualization. Also, serving as liaison in support of research within the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Interim FabLab Co-Manager2015The University of Texas at Arlington
Developed services, staffing, and space for the UTA FabLab.
Health Sciences Librarian2013 - 2015The University of Texas at Arlington
Served as primary liaison to students and faculty of the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, the Department of Biology, and the Department of Psychology.
Master of Science, Health StudiesAUG 2011 - DEC 2013Texas Woman's University
*inducted into the Epsilon Omega Epsilon national honor society, completed health information literacy outreach practicum
Master of Library ScienceAUG 2011 - DEC 2013Texas Woman's University
*received a fellowship as part of the ARL Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce program.
Bachelor of Arts, PsychologyAUG 2005 - AUG 2010University of Oklahoma
*completed coursework in the honors college and toward the pre-med track, inducted into the Psi Chi international honor society