Peace is director for research data services and a health sciences liaison at The University of Texas at Arlington. She also teaches Public Health Informatics at UTA. She has experience with technical and public services and research and scholarly communication support including data management planning, finding open educational resources, choosing where to publish, and answering copyright questions. Peace is passionate about health information literacy, public health, and epidemiology.
Expand <+> below for recent activity.
- 2017-2018 Chair, HealthLINE
- 2017 Nominating Committee, Medical Library Association
- 2016-2019 Education Steering Committee, Medical Library Association
- 2016-2017 Emerging Leader Award, NN/LM South Central Region & SCAMeL
- 2016 Sewell Award, MLA Public Health / Health Administration Section
- 2016-2017 Chair-Elect, HealthLINE
- 2016 Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians from Underrepresented Groups
- 2016-2017 Secretary/Treasurer, TLA College & University Libraries Division
- 2016-2017 Councilor, TLA District 5
- 2016 Secretary, Hospital Library Insterest Section, SCC/MLA
- 2016 EBSCO/MLA Annual Meeting Grant
- 2016 MLA Hospital Library Section Award
- 2017 article - Behavioral comparisons in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Coordination Disorder: A systematic literature review. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- 2016 article - Effectiveness of interventions for children with developmental coordination disorder in physical therapy contexts: A systematic literature review and meta analysis. Journal of Motor Learning and Development.
- 2016 workbook - Memorandum of Understanding Workbook, Version 1.0.Available at http://bit.ly/utamou
- 2016 evidence summary - Situated cognition principles increase students’ likelihood of knowledge transfer in an online information literacy course. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice.
- 2016 article - 3D printing in medical libraries. MLA News.
- 03/2017 - The data ‘shop: Gangway for a crash course in data visualization. ACRL workshop
- 03/2017 - An emerging model of data literacy instruction: Teaching data competencies in undergraduate courses. ACRL virtual session
- 02/2017 - Getting started with the Texas Data Repository and data competencies: Laying the Foundation for Research Data Services series. 3-part TDL webinar series
- 11/2016 - Introduction to memorandums of understanding (MOUs). DLF Forum workshop
- 9/2016 - How memorandums of understanding create a process for sucessful digital collaboration. Digital Frontiers workshop
- 9/2016 - Data literacy for all! Adapting data information literacy competencies for undergraduate instruction. LIRT Summit presentation
- Conference presentation moderator: Data librarians: Daring to move beyond traditional roles - MLA 2017
Annual conference of the Medical Library Association, May 2017
- Strong project management skills
- Effective leadership abilities
- Passionate and motivated in action
- Flexible and consistently learning
Expand <+> below for technical knowledge.
- Citation Management Software (e.g., RefWorks and EndNote)
- Health Sciences Databases (e.g., PubMed and CINAHL)
- LibGuides and Other Springshare Products
- Various Integrated Library Systems (e.g., Voyager, including the circulation, cataloging, and administration modules, and Polaris)
- EZ Proxy Systems & Discovery Tools
- Markup Languages: HTML & some CSS
- Web Design Programs (e.g., WordPress, Weebly, and Wix)
- Programming Languages: R, Git. Learning Linux & Python.
- Companion Programs & Sites (e.g., Brackets, Dreamweaver, GitHub)
- Digital Learning Objects (e.g., Jing, PowerPoint media, Camtasia)
- Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- CAD software (TinkerCAD)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Excel, Publisher, and Outlook)
- Basic Use of Statistical Packages (SPSS, R)
- Data Visualization (e.g., Infogr.am, Plotly, Tableau)
- GIS (ArcGIS, SimplyMap)
Director for Research Data Services2016 - PRESENTThe University of Texas at Arlington
Developing library services and partnerships across campus around data management and data visualization. Also, serving as liaison in support of research within the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Interim FabLab Co-Manager2015The University of Texas at Arlington
Developed services, staffing, and space for the UTA FabLab.
Health Sciences Librarian2013 - 2015The University of Texas at Arlington
Served as primary liaison to students and faculty of the College of Nursing and Health Innovation, the Department of Biology, and the Department of Psychology.
Master of Science, Health StudiesAUG 2011 - DEC 2013Texas Woman's University
*inducted into the Epsilon Omega Epsilon national honor society, completed health information literacy outreach practicum
Master of Library ScienceAUG 2011 - DEC 2013Texas Woman's University
*received a fellowship as part of the ARL Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce program.
Bachelor of Arts, PsychologyAUG 2005 - AUG 2010University of Oklahoma
*completed coursework in the honors college and toward the pre-med track, inducted into the Psi Chi international honor society